Several of our committee members were incredibly honoured recently by being nominated to appear on Cycling UK's 2021 Roll of Honour. This scheme acknowledges the incredible contribution made by volunteers to Cycling UK's mission to enable millions more people to cycle
Cycling UK feels that volunteers deserve to be appreciated for their effort, energy and enthusiasm for cycling.
The picture shows members of our committee being presented with their certificates a few weeks ago at our last committee meeting.
- Harry Taylor
- New Members: Having previously been secretary of another CTC member group, Joined our committee in March 2014.
- Chris Marshall
- Rights and Planning: Joined the committee in November 2007.
- Mark Clegg
- WebMaster & Membership: Joined the committee in July 2015.
- John Ramsden
- Secretary: Joined the committee in November 2006 and took over as Secretary in November 2010.
- Jim Duerden
- President: was on the committee back in the 1970's and 1980's, but then had a break from the club. He re-joined the committee in November 2013.
- Ian Lowcock
- Vice President: Celebrated 50 years on the committee in various roles in November 2018, and is currently Vice President
- David Tinker
- Treasurer: Has been our Treasurer since November 2004, but was already on the committee before that. Unfortunately our minute books only go back as far as 2002 when David was already on the committee.
As well as the work they have done on the committee all of the above have also been regular ride leaders over the years.