Latest from Cycling UK....
"Following the announcement that new restrictions on group gatherings will come into force in England on Monday 14 September, we are awaiting further details of the new rules before updating our advice on organised group riding."
Following the latest advice from Cycling UK, we are pleased to announce that we are now resuming club rides, and our runs list is now available for download (http://www.burnleyandpendlectc.co.uk/rides/ride-lists.html ).
In order to be Covid-19 compliant, however, there are guidelines that we need to follow. All riders need to read and be familiar with Cycling UK's recommendations at: https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/coronavirus-advice-and-guidance-group-cycling.
Please also note the following:
- If you are new to our group, please contact Harry Taylor (
- New riders who are Cycling UK members should bring their membership card on their first ride. (non-members are also welcome for a 3 ride trial period).
- We will require contact details for Track and Trace on the day of the ride.
- Although our rides will stop in the vicinity of a cafe for lunch, we are unable to guarantee that indoor or outdoor seating will be available as each establishment will have it’s own unique setup. Riders are advised to either book themselves a table beforehand (we will aim to arrive for 12-noon), or take a picnic lunch.
- Please bring a face covering. You won’t be required to wear it whilst riding, but situations may arise where one is necessary.
- Please be self-sufficient with regards to tools and repairs. Social distancing means that if you have a mechanical issue / puncture etc, although we can offer advice, you must be prepared to carry out your own repairs.
- Please do not attend any of our rides or activities if you have symptoms of Covid-19, or live in an area currently under extended local restrictions.
We look forward to seeing you.