We will be holding our Annual General Meeting on Thursday 21st April, starting at 7:30pm at the Peter Birtwistle Trust, Keighley Rd, Colne.
All members are welcome, why not come along, meet the committee, find out more about the group, and have your say on what we do for the next 12 months.
It is with great sadness that we pass on news of the passing of Dorothy Wilkinson.
Wife of David Wilkinson, who sadly passed away in December, and now reunited. May they both rest in peace.
Our sincere condolences go to the family.
It is with great sadness that we pass on news of the passing of David Wilkinson.
David was a life long cyclist, well known to many in the area, being a member of Burnley & Pendle CTC for over 50 years, and before that a member of Barnoldswick Clarion Cycling Club.
Our sincere condolences go to his family.
(We will update this post with details of the funeral once known.)
Our Annual Inter Club Quiz will be held at Boyce's Barrel in Colne on Monday 21st February 2022 - 7:30pm
To register your team and book your supper, please contact Ian Lowcock on 01282 812842
Cost is £5 per person.
This is now postponed until later in the year.
We will be holding our annual Christmas Ride / Lunch on Sunday 12th December 2021 at Rolls Royce Social Club, Skipton Road, Barnoldswick.
As usual, we will be running a short ride before lunch, starting from the R.R Social Club at 10am, returning at 2:30pm for lunch at 3pm.
Lunch will be followed by presentation of the Jack Harrison and Bill Heywood trophies.
If you want to attend the lunch, a copy of the menu is attached to this e-mail. Please return your menu selection and payment of £21 per person to a member of the committee by the end of the month, as final payment and numbers must be returned to Rolls Royce at the beginning of November.
Several of our committee members were incredibly honoured recently by being nominated to appear on Cycling UK's 2021 Roll of Honour. This scheme acknowledges the incredible contribution made by volunteers to Cycling UK's mission to enable millions more people to cycle
Cycling UK feels that volunteers deserve to be appreciated for their effort, energy and enthusiasm for cycling.
The picture shows members of our committee being presented with their certificates a few weeks ago at our last committee meeting.
- Harry Taylor
- New Members: Having previously been secretary of another CTC member group, Joined our committee in March 2014.
- Chris Marshall
- Rights and Planning: Joined the committee in November 2007.
- Mark Clegg
- WebMaster & Membership: Joined the committee in July 2015.
- John Ramsden
- Secretary: Joined the committee in November 2006 and took over as Secretary in November 2010.
- Jim Duerden
- President: was on the committee back in the 1970's and 1980's, but then had a break from the club. He re-joined the committee in November 2013.
- Ian Lowcock
- Vice President: Celebrated 50 years on the committee in various roles in November 2018, and is currently Vice President
- David Tinker
- Treasurer: Has been our Treasurer since November 2004, but was already on the committee before that. Unfortunately our minute books only go back as far as 2002 when David was already on the committee.
As well as the work they have done on the committee all of the above have also been regular ride leaders over the years.