Welcome to Burnley and Pendle Cycling Touring Club website. New riders will be made very welcome on all of our rides. Whether you are taking up cycling for the first time or returning to it we adjust the pace of our rides to suit the slowest rider and no one is left behind on our rides. We are a friendly cycling club, offering you a chance to explore the quiet lanes around the Pendle area, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland with like minded people. Every weekend we offer a choice of rides seeking out quiet country lanes with stops to socialise in cafes and village tearooms. We also offer short tours throughout the year in the UK and occasionally overseas. We have a 'Beginners' ride on the first Saturday of every month. There is also a midweek daytime ride once a month on Thursdays. Details of all our rides and other activities can be found on the 'Rides List' which we produce quarterly and can be downloaded from this website - but also see below for details of rides coming up in the next few weeks.
The Club is part of Cycling UK, the national cyclists organisation. See www.cyclinguk.org.
New rider enquiries should be directed to Harry Taylor on 07522 343181 or e-mail
All riders must be familiar with Cycling UK's COVID-19 policy:
...and be aware of the following:"
- If you are new to our group, please contact Harry Taylor (
- New riders who are Cycling UK members should bring their membership card on their first ride. (non-members are also welcome for a 3 ride trial period).
- We will require contact details for Track and Trace on the day of the ride.
- As we don’t currently know how our previous cafe stops will be operating, if at all, we are currently advising all riders to make their own arrangements for lunch. I.e. bring a packed lunch.
- Please bring a face covering. You won’t be required to wear it whilst riding, but situations may arise where one is necessary.
- Please be self-sufficient with regards to tools and repairs. Social distancing means that if you have a mechanical issue / puncture etc, although we can offer advice, you must be prepared to carry out your own repairs.
- Please do not attend any of our rides or activities if you have symptoms of Covid-19, or live in an area currently under extended local restrictions.
Our rides are planned up-to three months ahead, so whilst we will attempt to stop for lunch in the vicinity of a cafe, we cannot guarantee they will be open, so ask our members to be self sufficient with regard to food and drink. i.e bring what you will need with you. This also applies to tools and repairs.
It is also worth noting that self-administered Lateral Flow Tests can be obtained free of charge from your local pharmacy. These are simple to use, and produce a result in 30 minutes. A recent negative test result before attending our rides would be appreciated by all.