On 19th september 2015, the CTC launched a series of Ride Leader Workshops, to be held around the country over the following months.. We were lucky enough to secure a couple fo places on the first of these workshops, held in at the Palatine Sports Centre, in Blackpool
This was a chance for both new and experience ride leaders to discuss various topics that add up to a successful ride, and ride leader, and was attended by approximately 20 cyclists from the CTC and affiliated clubs.
- Examining what makes an enjoyable ride and a good Ride Leader
- Understanding what information ride participants need ahead of the ride
- Examining how to plan a good group ride
- Introduction to CTC's current Policies and Procedures in relation to leading rides
- Understanding how to lead a group ride
- Providing an opportunity for knowledge-sharing and networking for existing and future Ride Leaders
- Examining further training and development opportunities
- Providing an opportunity to go on a group ride with other participants down the seafront to Lytham
Burnley and Pendle members, Jim Duerden and Mark Clegg are pictured above along with their certificates of attendance.